Raúl Bartolomé (Spain) is an engineer, inventor, electronic designer, software developer, entrepreneur, engineering director, investor and financial advisor. Most of his twenty years of professional career are carried out in the automotive sector, leading engineering teams and developing complex electrical/electronics (E/E) systems and software products.
Mr. Bartolomé is currently working at Harman International, a Samsung company, as director of engineering in the Car Audio business unit. His team designs advanced analog and digital amplifiers with dozens of channels and thousands of watts, iconic speakers and other multimedia products tailored to the needs of their customers.
Previous to Harman International, he was engineering manager and senior project manager for E/E at Magna International, co-founder, board director and engineering manager of two startups (Cisium, Inc. and Janty, Ltd.), team leader and senior hardware engineer at Lear Corporation and other managerial and engineering jobs.
He has a holistic automotive engineering experience. It includes OEM (Magna International on behalf of BMW, JLR, Renault, Isuzu and Brilliance), Tier-1 (Harman International and Lear Corporation) and Tier-2 (CreaSoft and ASM-Dimatec).
All his professional activities are done in multicultural and international environments. His countries of residence are Spain, Japan, Philippines, China, Austria and since 2017 Germany.
He holds four university degrees, where two are in engineering (MEngAIEE and BEngIEE at Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Spain) one in management (MBA with distinction at University of Bradford, UK) and one in finance (MFAAM at Universitat de Barcelona and OBS Business School, Spain). He is currently pursuing a Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA) at University of Bradford, UK. Additionally, he is an accredited European Financial Advisor (EFA) at European Financial Planning Association (EFPA), Spain.
He is a polyglot of five languages: English (full professional), Spanish (native), Catalan (native), German (intermediate) and Chinese Mandarin (elementary).
- Engineering management (overseeing teams reaching dozens of engineers)
- Program/Project management (projects hitting hundreds of millions in sales)
- Leadership (teams of multiple functions, seniorities and nationalities)
- Strategic thinking (company reorganisations and product portfolios)
- Entrepreneurship (co-founder of two startups)
- Processes development (particularly, hardware engineering and subject mater experts)
- System and product design (leading dozens of product developments)
- Electronic design (multi-DSPs, multi-SOCs, multi-MCUs, multi-phases DC/DC converters, etc.)
- Firmware and software development (operating systems, middleware, functional safety, cybersecurity, etc.)
- Cross functional background (hardware, software, system, mechanical, finance, management, etc.)
- Talent for innovation (author of two patents)
- Finance and investment (corporate finance, financial advice and investment)
- Doctor of Business Administration
- Master in Financial Advice and Asset Management
- Master in Business Administration with Distinction
- MEng, Automation and Industrial Electronic Engineering
- BEng, Industrial Electronic Engineering
- Method and system for adjusting audio signals by a digital signal processor (US 2023/0199388 A1)
- Real time variable programmable electronic cigarette system (US 20214/0123990 A1)
Engineering and Project Management
Proven professional with a solid track of records in engineering and project management with competences in
- Large engineering organizations. Versed in strategic management, international business strategy, marketing management, portfolio management, operations management, business ethics and sustainability.
- Creation of business processes, in particular, leadership of global engineering development processes and finance projects.
- Projects or program management. Involved in projects with hundreds of stakeholders and hundreds of millions in sales with expertise in meeting management, stakeholder management, open issues list, timing schedule, OEM E/E system development, OEM ECU development, Tier 1 ECU development, electronic products development, software products and services development.
- Complete product life cycle management of electronic and software products.
- Seasoned in people management, including aspects such as contract negotiation, employee evaluation, hiring, firing, leadership, team development, training, coaching, mentoring and organizational re-structuring.
- Finance for engineering and projects.
Corporate and Personal Finance
Professional in financial advisory and assets management with experience in
- Corporate finance and accounting, P&L, income statement, balance sheet, free cash flow, budgeting, OPEX, CAPEX, financial ratios, financial analysis, mergers and acquisitions, and international finance management.
- Investment: real estate investment, forex, bonds, stocks, ETFs, options, warrants, project appraisals, portfolio management, free cash flow valuations and valuations with ratios.
- Algorithmic trading: financial time series, asset price modelling, Phyton and R for finance, artificial intelligence, machine learning, neural networks, momentum strategies and mean-reverting strategies.
High caliber hardware engineer with experienced in
- Complete electronic product development.
- System requirements acquisition and architecture design.
- Designs around system-on-chip, microcontrollers and DSPs.
- Schematics, PCB designs, worst case analysis, EMC, BOM or DFMEA.
- Electronic Technologies: SoC, DSP, MCU, buses (SPI, QSPI, I2C, USB, RS232, RS485, CAN, LIN, Ethernet, A2B, MOST, AVB, WiFi, Bluetooth), sensors, FET/BJT, Motors, DC/DC, TFT/OLED, D/AB-class amplifier, Flash/EEPROM, RAM/SDRAM, tools (Cadence/OrCAD, Pspice, Mentor Graphics, MathCAD).
Senior software engineer with extensive development experience in
- System architecture and software integration.
- Systems requirements acquisition.
- Multiple programming languages.
- RTOS, embedded Linux, middleware or communication stacks.
- Automotive SPICE and AUTOSAR.