- Date: 2013 – 2015.
- Company owner: Magna Steyr.
- Customer: Brilliance Automotive and BMW
- Creators: Raúl Bartolomé Castro and many others.
- Raúl’s contribution: resident project manager for E/E in Shenyang, China. Leading the communication between Magna Steyr Austria and Brilliance China among many other duties.
- Market: automotive.
- Product category: complete vehicle engineering.
The Huasong 7, launched on November 7, 2014, is a 7-seat MPV built by Brilliance Auto, a Chinese partner of BMW. It is powered by Chinese versions of BMW’s N20B20C engine (a turbo 2.0L). The first model in Brilliance’s Huasong line. The Huasong vehicles is based on existing minivan platforms from Jinbei, which is another sub-brand under the Brilliance Automotive umbrella.
- A very clean but very gray dashboard. Alu detailing for some excitement. Beige leather seats don’t go particularly well with gray leather armrest.
- The Huasong 7 is a seven-seat MPV with a 2+2+3 configuration.
- Exterior design certainly attractive.
- Power comes from a ‘N20B20C’ 2.0 liter four-cylinder petrol engine sourced from BMW, partner in the Brilliance-BMW joint venture, making the Huasong 7 the first BMW-powered MPV ever. The engine is mated to a six-speed automatic and will be available with either 204hp or 242hp.
- Size: 5005/1909/1935, wheelbase is 2990 and weight is 2030kg.
- Rear lights very stylish. Large rear window.